feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Monday, March 3, 2008

EXCERPT: IS NO NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?


IS NO NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?
by Angelia Menchan

Sixteen year old Malaaka Greens knows that sex outside of marriage and without love is not for her. There are those who believe she is not being realistic and has outdated views, but Malaaka owns Malaaka and her message to them is this, IS NO NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Chapter Excerpt:

Chapter One

“Malaaka, I don’t know what the big deal is. Jerald really likes you. He's fine. Sex isn’t that big a deal.” Rolling her eyes at her friend Kim, Malaaka stated, “It may not be a big deal for you, but God made my body a temple and I’m not going to casually share it with anyone. If Jerald really likes me, he will understand that. Otherwise he can step and find someone else.”

“Well, I would give it to him, otherwise you’ll lose him.”

“Stop me if I’m wrong, but you have given ‘it’ to several and they’re all gone.”
A flicker of pain appeared in Kim’s almond shaped eyes. She was a five-feet-three inch, African-Korean American dynamo. What she didn’t have in size, she made up for with attitude and loudness.

“Whatever…”

Malaaka stared down at her friend, standing to her full five-feet-eight inch regal height. She was an ebony-skinned beauty whose look screamed, “Look but don’t touch.” Reaching over she hugged Kim close to her.

“Girl, I’m not trying to be mean, but I don’t believe in all that. You know I believe in God. I also believe in me. At sixteen I’m not trying to be having sex or getting pregnant. My momma had me at eighteen and it took her ten years to get a college degree and even though we’re doing well, she gave up so much. There’s a long time to be thinking about all that.”

“Well, I would give it to him.”

“Okay, but not me, when Nancy Reagan said, ‘Just say No’, she meant more than dope.” The giggling teenagers ran to the car. They knew Ava didn’t believe in waiting.

http://www.angeliavmenchan.com/



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!

Be the first to know what’s happening with SORMAG

Weekly Eblasts
Win Prizes
Discounts on workshops

ARE YOU A SORMAG AUTHOR?

Free Promotions
Discounted Promotions
Listing on site
Discounts on workshops

SORMAG supports the authors that support us

This is an opt/in/out community

Join Our Community
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

WRITER'S GROUP


  • Subscribe to sormag
    Powered by groups.yahoo.com

    LASHAUNDA'sBLOG

    Subscribe to lashaunda2
    Powered by groups.yahoo.com